This page outlines the use of Bill of Material (BOM) data in BlueWorx.
Business and SAP Context
BlueWorx supports Material BOMs, Functional Location BOMs and Equipment BoMs. BOM's can be used for:
- Selection and assignment of assembly to Work Orders and Notifications
- Ordering of stock items (SAP Material Reservations) against the Work Order
- Ordering of non stock items (SAP Requisitions) against the Work Order
- BlueWorx does not support SAP configurable nor alternative BOM's
- BoM data is updated through the recommended daily Master Data Refresh job - see program /SOLTIUS/PM_PROFILE_RF_MD in Master Data Tables and Batch Jobs
The BOM data is taken to the device for all the Technical Objects for device Work Orders. With the required access and when online you can refresh the FL or Equipment record to retrieve BOM data for asset not included in Work Orders or Notifications.
The following is an illustration of this screen - for an Equipment record:
The following screen fields and controls are defined, where not documented they are considered self explanatory or are explained elsewhere:
|Field/ Control||Explanation/ Use|
|Selecting a Stock Material Item||When you select a Stock Material Item it will take you to the Material - Search, Reserve, Requisition, Issue and Exchange screen.|