Parking Notifications and Orders
In BlueWorx, when enabled for a User by an Administrator, a User you can Park a Notification or and Order for subsequent change and release. This section describes in detail how the Parking process works.
Characteristics of Parked Notifications and Orders
Some key characteristics of Parked Notifications and Orders are:
- You can optionally Park a Notification or an Order when it's in a temporary state and prior to first Sync to SAP
- Checks that normally occur on Save of Notifications and Orders are not carried out when Parking
- An Order created from a Park Notification with be created as Parked
- You can release a Parked Notification associated with a Parked Order, unless it is a Notification triggered from an Order Notification
- A Parked Order on release will check for completeness itself and associated Notifications, and if ok, it will automatically release any associated Parked Notification. If the Order or Notification checks fail the checks then the Order Park release will fail. The associated Notifications includes:
- Order Header level Notification
- Order Object List Notifications
- Order Inspection triggered Notifications
- Parked Notifications and Orders are retained on device on sync. They are not transferred to SAP and via it to other devices for access by the User. i.e. you can’t Park on a mobile device and complete on a desktop browser
All objects related to the Parked Notification and Order are suspended from going to SAP until the Park is released. This includes: Notification Items, Causes, Activities and Tasks; Order Operations, Time Confirmations, Objects, Inspections (Including Inspection Notifications), Issues, Reservations, Requisitions and Objects (FL, Equipment and Notifications). The exemption is on browser documents, which are transferred to SAP for future linkage on release of the Parked document (or clean-up removal if parent is not released within a given period of days)
Here's some workflow examples:
|Created a Notification but have not completed all the details.
You've found the asset record and created a Notification but there's some additional details you want to check prior to submitting.
Can't find asset record when offline for a fault.
You're offline and find an asset that needs a Notification but it's asset record is not on your phone.
|Can't locate asset record when offline for a fault where work is undertaken.
You're offline and find an asset that needs a Work Order maintenance but it's asset record is not on your phone. In addition you need to undertake an Inspection for the asset as part of the maintenance process.