Users can view, create and update Notifications from BlueWorx. The Notifications shown are determined as follows:
- Work Order Notifications - Open Notifications that are associated with Work Orders on the device
- User Notifications - Through an optional BlueWorx Admin setting, all open Notifications initiated by the current user - subject to having to have the associated Technical Object being on the device. These are not subject any other filters
Note that due to performance and data volumes all Open Notifications for all Technical Objects on the device not transferred. If field personnel need to check for pre-existing Notifications then the recommended approach is to use the BlueWorx Report functionality. That allow you to retrieve not only current but also historic Notifications. See Maintain Online Reports.
- Notification List
Notifications can be accessed from the My Notification menu panel or from individual Technical Objects (FL and EQ) records:
- The list fields displayed and their screen location changes to accommodate the screen size of the device being used
- The example screen has the Inventory field being displayed, this is one of several fields that can be selected using BlueWorx admin to display on list screens throughout the application. Generally it related to where customers have maintained a unique identifier on assets and store the value in this field in SAP
Select a Notification record to navigate to the Notification page.
Filter the displayed records using the text filter field:
To navigate to the GEO Map (where enabled and configured) select the button:
Filter and Sorting
You can filter the display using a larger variety of criteria and save these filters for later use.
Notes on filter functionality
- The Search function, from the main screen, works over the top of the filters
- To provide a optimum search experience the values displayed are from those available in the list. That means some master data values may not be available at all times
- This specific functionality is available as of SP8. Prior that that other Sort and Filter options existed
To filter and sort the records maintain your required settings and click the Apply button:
To clear the results click the Clear Filters button:
Having created a filter that you may want to reapply regularly, you can save this in the My Filters section.
To save the filter for subsequent use, Click the plus button:
And then provide a short description:
Filters saved in this manner will be available to apply later in the My Filters list, specific to the user/ device. At this time, they are not synchronized with SAP for replication on other devices.
To create a Notification select the button:
Favorites and History
To access favorites and history select the following button:
Details on this functionality is provided in Favorites and History