User Profiles are an essential part of BlueWorx configuration. They can be assigned to one or more users and the control information the user see's when they Sync their BlueWorx application. User Profiles are not the same as SAP security settings, which still have to be maintained for users to allow transactional authorisation.
- Optimizing User Profiles
- Profile Filters
- Maintaining Profiles
- Profile Filters
- Association with SAP Roles
- Export and Import Profiles
Optimizing User Profiles
One of the most important areas of your design for the optimal use of BlueWorx centers is the implementation of User Profiles. Please take the time to read and evaluate the topics discussed in the following articles:
The following data Profile Filters can be controlled:
- Characteristic - retrieve or exclude these Characteristics
- Characteristic Group - retrieve or exclude Characteristics in these Groups
- Class - retrieve or exclude, subject to other settings, Characteristics in these Classes
- Equipment Category - retrieve or exclude Equipment with these categories
- Equipment Object - retrieve or exclude Equipment with these object types
- Equipment Planner Group - retrieve or exclude Equipment with these Planner Groups
- Equipment Plant Section - retrieve or exclude Equipment within this Plant Sections
- Equipment Responsible Work Centre - retrieve or exclude Equipment within this Responsible Work Centre
- Equipment User Status - include or exclude Equipment with a specific User Status. Values applied are the Status Profile and Status Value (added in SP13)
- Functional Location Category - retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within these Categories
- Functional Location Label - retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within these Functional Location Labels (alternative labeling)
- Functional Location Planner Group - retrieve or exclude Functional Locations with these Planner Groups
Functional Location Object - retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within these Object Types
- Functional Location Plant Section - retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within this Plant Sections
- Functional Location Responsible Work Centre - retrieve or exclude Functional Locations within this Responsible Work Centre
- Functional Location User Status - include or exclude Functional Locations with a specific User Status. Values applied are the Status Profile and Status Value (added in SP13)
GEO Profile - include the specified GEO profile in this User Profile
- Include AVLB Equipment - retrieve Equipment, within other filter parameters, that are not installed. Value to set is: Sign I | Option EQ | Low = X (for example vehicles not included in a Functional Location or stores assets awaiting installation)
- Include Superior Equipment - include all superior Equipment records for Equipment found using this profile. Value to set is: Sign I | Option EQ | Low = X
- Include Superior Functional Locations - include all superior Functional Location records for Functional Locations found using this profile. Value to set is: Sign I | Option EQ | Low = X
- Location - retrieve or exclude data associated with these Locations.
- Maintenance Plant - retrieve or exclude data associated with these plants. This setting applies the overall restriction to the other data that is retrieved
- Material Profiles - include materials profiles which define groups of materials that will be available within the application.
- Notification Past Required Days - retrieve on Sync Notifications, subject to other settings, whose required end date occurs within this many days from today.
- Notification Forward Required Days - retrieve on Sync Notifications, subject to other settings, whose required start date occurs within this many days from today.
Notification Types - retrieve or exclude, subject to other settings, relevant Notifications of these types
- Work Order Days Forward - retrieve on Sync Work Orders, subject to other settings, whose basic start date occurs within this many days from today. Setting depends on maintenance planning cycles, user function and degree of self planning. If you set this too high then it can result in too many work orders coming to the device and either breaching technical limits or the end user ability to cope with so much work. It's recommended that you control the release of work using standard SAP and procedural work planning settings and set this as short as possible. For example 7 or 14 days
- Work Orders Days Back - retrieve on Sync Work Orders, subject to other settings, whose basic end date occurs within this many days from today. This allows users to close work that has exceeded its planning period or was previously undertaken. This setting should be set only far enough back for workers to close work they have performed recently. Otherwise standard SAP and procedural planning should advance the start or end dates to ensure that it falls into the present or future and not the past. The suggested setting is 7 days.
- Work Order Type - the actual allocation of Work Orders is done in SAP and user determination occurs using the Order User Assignment setting in Maintain core settings
- Work Order System Status - by default released Work Orders are available to be sent to the application. With the Work Order System Status option you can further refine the Work Orders by including or excluding System Statuses.
- Work Order User Status - further refine the Work Orders selected with the inclusion or exclusion of Work Order User Statuses.
As of BlueWorx SP4 we have introduced the concept of Profile Types. In addition to the existing profile type (now named Standard), which is a mix between master data and work orders and notification selection, two new Profile types have been added. This means that you can assign just the Work Order/ Notification profile to users who typically do not have the need for information on other PM objects outside of the scope of their work.
- Standard Filter - Used to control Work Orders, Notifications and Master Data to the device. Note that under this profile Work Orders found for the user but without a supporting header technical object will not sync to BlueWorx
- Work Order/ Notification Profile - Used to control what Work Orders and Notifications go to the device. Will take all associated technical objects for the Orders and Notifications, regardless of their existence in BlueWorx profiles assigned to the user
- Master Data Profile - Used to control what Master Data (FL, Equipment and Materials) goes to the device
- Single Entry Only - Only one instance of this Filter can be used per profile
Both new profiles can contain GEO filters and are reported on, by type, in the BlueWorx Admin Profile list and User Profile List.
Required Filters per Type
The following are the required and optional filters per Profile Type:
|Filter Type||Standard Profile||Work Order/ Notification Profile||Master Data Profile||Order Filter||Single Entry Only|
|Equipment Category||Required||Required||Note 1|
|Equipment Label||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Equipment Planner Group||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Equipment Object||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Equipment Planner Group||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Equipment Plant Section||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Equipment Responsible Work Centre||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Equipment User Status||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Functional Location Category||Required||Required||Note 1|
|Functional Location Label||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Functional Location Planner Group||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Functional Location Object||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Functional Location Plant Section||Note 1|
|Functional Location Responsible Work Centre||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Functional Location User Status||Optional||Optional||Note 1|
|Include AVLB Equipment||Optional||Optional||Note 1||True|
|Include Superior Equipment||Optional||Optional||True|
|Include Superior Functional Locations||Optional||Optional||True|
|Notif Past Required Days||Optional||Optional||True|
|Notif Forw Required Days||Optional||Option||True|
|Work Orders Days Forward||Required||Required||Yes||True|
|Work Orders Days Back||Required||Required||Yes||True|
|Work Order Type||Optional||Optional||Yes|
|Work Order System Status||Optional||Optional||Yes|
|Work Order User Status||Optional||Optional||Yes|
Note 1: These parameters only have an impact on Work Orders and selection where: used in a Standard Profile; and where the Core Config setting Technical Object > Work Orders and Notifications is set to OFF. See Settings Tab - Technical Objects for more on this.
The Notification filters do not apply to:
- Order related Notifications - you will get these regardless of filters
- The open Notifications created by a user - if this has been set to On in Admin Settings
In general, these settings are purely so you can see if anyone has created a Notification. If your people generally have connectivity then we recommend not using this option and instead make use of the Maintain Online Reports functionality for Equipment and FL to query if issues have been reported as Notifications. That way you're not needlessly taking Notifications to the device on the off chance that someone will need to see it.
- Null filters for other settings will mean that they are included - i.e., without any filters for characteristics you will get all values
- Functional Locations and Equipment marked for Delete in SAP will mean that all subordinate Functional Locations and Equipment will not be included.
Select the create or copy option to create a new profile or clone an existing one. Or navigate to an existing profile to edit.
Having maintained a profile you can elect to regenerate it as a background job. This functionality is new to SP7.
Important: If you are working in production and/or have large data sets then be aware of the load that profile generation can incur and the impact on users. Look to schedule out of hours where appropriate.
Alternatively for releases prior to SP7, you can schedule profiles to be generated or re-generated routinely using SAP scheduled job as a background job and in SAP using the program: /SOLTIUS/PM_PROFILE_ADD_MD with an appropriate variant.
You must then maintain at least the required filters according to the Profile Type selected:
The profiles act in a similar fashion to SAP ERP search queries:
- Filter Object - see above for list
- Sign - I (include) or E (exclude) values
- Option - Logical equation - i.e. EQ (equals), BT (between); etc
- Low - Single value or start value for a value range
- High - The high value for ranges
Note that exclude functionality can be used to exclude values that have been included in a range. For example, you could include a range with all Work Order Types and then have an exclude line to remove PM02 orders. Exclude filters always take precedence over include filters.
Warning: Values can be case sensitive. Since the entries are not validated please ensure that you use the correct referencing case - for example in GEO Map profiles.
Work Order Status Filters
The Work Order Status Filters allow you to choose additional Order System and/or User Statuses to filter the list of Work Orders. Order Statuses are unique in that a Work Order can have many statuses, whereas it can only have one Order Type. If you require two or more statuses to be used together, for example, that the Work Order must have both status "STA1" and "STA2" set then create a profile filter to include "STAT1 STAT2".
If instead, the Work Order could have either status STA1 or STA2 then you create two filter entries, one for each status.
You cannot specify ranges for Work Order Status filters.
Association with SAP Roles
You can either manually assign BlueWorx profile to users and or associate a BlueWorx Profile with a SAP Profile and assign the SAP Profile using standard SAP User Maintenance. Note that BlueWorx profiles associated indirectly to a user using SAP Roles can not be deactivated by the user in the application. If you need the ability for Users to activate/ deactivate their roles then DO NOT use this association.
Export and Import Profiles
See article Export and Import User Profiles for detailed information on this functionality.