Start a new topic
Answered

Why can't I see all my Inspections from the MyWork Inspection tab?

A customer recently asked:

"Why can't I see all the Inspections shown in the Work Order Inspection tab, in the MyWork Inspection Tab"

Best Answer

Hi Gabi,

The original concept of the Inspection Tab was to easily navigate to open inspections. Not as a 'work list' which is the role of the work order. Different customers have different needs so its great to hear some feedback through from on how they would like this to work.

So the only way in which to do this is to generate the Inspections in SAP prior to despatch to the device. The consequences of that are:

• That the determination logic would have to be duplicated - on the device for non compulsory inspection and for objects added that are compulsory (new functionality being added) and in SAP for required inspections. 
  • The only way in which generate these inspection, in current sync logic would be to evaluate and generate if not existing all Inspections on every sync - because the underlying Objects list can change and the characteristic values of these objects (an available Inspection trigger) can also change
  • That all users with a Work Order would see all required Inspections. They would not be able to determine which ones they had initiated on the device]

Despite that there are some good reasons to do some of the determination in SAP and its something that we have been considering for a while now. We need think about how we can do this so I have added it to our product development enhancement queue.

The Inspection entries shown in the Work Order Inspection tab are those determined through configuration logic as being applicable to the Work Order. They are however only generated when a user selects them. 

But Why?

The design reasons are for are many:

• We need this on demand generation for use in creating adhoc inspections directly against Technical Objects
  • We don't want to create unnecessary inspections for Work Orders

It seems a bit confusing to the user displaying inspections in the work order but not appearing as outstanding inspections unless the user has previously clicked on each of them.

In my view, current design, does make sense for ad-hoc inspections available only at equipment/functional location level. You wouldn’t want to list all ad-hoc inspection for objects transferred to the device under the outstanding inspection list. I agree that in this case, the user should click on the inspection to create it/make it available.

However, I would have imagined that if the inspection is in the work order, it would come up with an initial status, as it most probably should be carried out (someone has planned for it). If the user decides not to carry out an inspection, he would then flag it as not required/skip it.

For work orders, it should be less the number of inspections that are not required that the ones that must be executed (otherwise the MyPM Inspection Administration settings might not have the correct/enough parameters in place).

And alternative would be to enhance the MyPM Inspection Template settings and allow for more parameters to determine when an inspection should be created/triggered.

Answer

Hi Gabi,

The original concept of the Inspection Tab was to easily navigate to open inspections. Not as a 'work list' which is the role of the work order. Different customers have different needs so its great to hear some feedback through from on how they would like this to work.

So the only way in which to do this is to generate the Inspections in SAP prior to despatch to the device. The consequences of that are:

• That the determination logic would have to be duplicated - on the device for non compulsory inspection and for objects added that are compulsory (new functionality being added) and in SAP for required inspections. 
  • The only way in which generate these inspection, in current sync logic would be to evaluate and generate if not existing all Inspections on every sync - because the underlying Objects list can change and the characteristic values of these objects (an available Inspection trigger) can also change
  • That all users with a Work Order would see all required Inspections. They would not be able to determine which ones they had initiated on the device]

Despite that there are some good reasons to do some of the determination in SAP and its something that we have been considering for a while now. We need think about how we can do this so I have added it to our product development enhancement queue.

Site Data and Privacy Policy